SVH Rehabilitation Services strives to promote individual wellness and independence by helping you meet your goals and needs as efficiently as possible. Our staff offers a full range of services:
- Phase II Cardiac Rehabilitation - we offer a program for patients recovering from heart attack, bypass or heart valve surgery, angioplasty, stenting, congestive heart failure or stable angina (chest pain).
- Occupational Therapy - hand, arm, shoulder conditions, tendonitis, ergonomic and workplace evaluations, splint fabrication, aquatics and post-surgery/fracture rehabilitation.
- Physical Therapy - treatment for low back and neck pain, problems with shoulder, knee, hip, foot and ankle; lymphedema therapy; aquatic therapy; temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder; vestibular (balance) and gait disorders; lymphedema therapy; and wheelchair clinic.
- Speech Therapy - treatment for swallowing, cognition and communication disorders.
We treat patients of all ages and are the practitioners of choice for the conservative care of joint, muscle and cardiovascular disorders. Our team specializes and is certified in orthopedics, lymphedema therapy (chronic swelling), McKenzie Method, manual therapy, positional vertigo, and hand therapy.
Rehabilitation services can help patients:
- Stay in charge and involved in their healthcare and treatment
- Return to work and to daily routines or sports activities after an injury
- Regain independence after an illness or injury
- Improve heart health and help prevent or reduce future cardiac problems
- Maximize communication and/or swallowing, resulting from stroke, head injury, neurological disease, or voice injury
- Learn exercise programs for improved flexibility and movement
- Teach patients how to use adaptive equipment (like crutches, walkers, canes, wheelchairs, splints, and braces)
- Prevent and reduce injuries, reduce pain, and fatigue
- Help patients avoid invasive procedures
Along with working with inpatients at SVH, we see outpatients in both our Pittsfield and Newport locations. Our Pittsfield location is adjacent to SVH and has an indoor therapeutic pool; our Newport location is on Route 7. Rehabilitation Services are available Monday through Friday, with morning and evening appointments at both locations.
To learn more about our services, please call our Pittsfield office at 487-9293 or our Newport office at 207.368-2036.
If you need help traveling safely to and from our locations, please contact our SVH Courtesy Van Service at 207.487-5185.